Sunday, January 9, 2011

We Have a Roller!

On Sunday afternoon, January 2, Riley and I were playing inside the house while Kenny took down the Christmas lights outside. I had Riley on his playmat, and he started to roll very precariously onto his side. I watched for a few minutes and then ran to get Kenny. I was sure Riley was going to roll over on his own VERY soon.

Kenny came inside with me, grabbed the camera, and this is what he got:

Please excuse the commentary. We both need to get better about it, like not feeling the need to say anything at all.

I was so excited, both that Riley had finally rolled over (especially since I thought he had lost interest in trying!) and that we had gotten his very first roll on video. He proceeded to roll four more times that afternoon, and now he can’t stop. Most times he’ll roll almost immediately to his tummy as soon as we lay him down anywhere. He’s rolled over in his crib during a couple of naps (which, coincidentally, were very short), as well as once during the night (yes, we’re still having issues. Pray for us.)

I wonder what his next milestone will be…..think I can teach him how to unload the dishwasher any time soon?

7 comments:

Jenn said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this kid!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

So great!
love,
"Aunts" Margaret and Elisabeth and
Choma and Chopa

Erin Hanby said... Best Blogger Tips

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

YAY!!! This is awesome!
LP

nola said... Best Blogger Tips

He IS the smartest baby in the world!!!!!!!!!

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't know what's better...... the actual rollover or Riley's parents' commentary!

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

This kid -- this family -- is so fun! Hooray!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...