Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My New Love

I recently purchased my very first pair of cowboy boots. Granted, they’re from Eddie Bauer and not what most would consider “true” cowboy boots. But still. Cowboy boots they are.

I went back and forth for about a week, internally debating whether or not to buy them. Would I really wear them enough to justify the money, even though I caught them on a pretty good sale? Did I really need them, even though, as I learned long ago from my mother, it’s not always about need? Plus, since I delayed a number of days on account of indecisiveness, my original color choice (brown) sold out in my size. That only left me with gray, which I REALLY wasn’t sure I would wear.

I ordered the boots in the gray anyway, figuring I could always return them to my local EB store if I decided I didn’t want to keep them.

Well, that ain’t happenin’. I LOVE my new boots.

IMG_8328

These boots are cute, comfortable, and they make a loud, sharp sound when walked in on non-carpeted flooring. (I just love that sound. It makes me feel powerful.) I also ended up really liking the color. The gray is different enough to be interesting but not so different that it won’t go with a lot of the clothes I own. Perfect!

I wore my new boots this weekend when my mom and I went out to lunch and did some shopping at Loft. I must have told her half a dozen times, “I love my boots.”

I realize this post is a tad on the ironic side, considering what I wrote about a few days ago. But I can love my new boots AND still take them off the moment I walk into my house.

That way I can admire them from afar. In all of their gray glory.

And at the same time not interfere with my barefoot inclinations.

3 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Welcome to my world, PC! The world of Boot Power.

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

And btw, they are FABULOUS boots.

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

Do you REALLY like your boots? REALLY?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...