Sunday, January 16, 2011

Footwear Aversions

I don’t really like wearing socks. Or shoes, for that matter. If I’m in the car, as long as I’m not driving, my shoes are usually off a couple of minutes into any trip of decent length. Whenever I come home from going somewhere I usually kick my shoes off the minute I step inside. I also have a tendency to leave my shoes under various dining tables at relatives’ or friends’ houses because I can’t seem to make it through a meal with them on. And, more often than not, I forget about them after we leave the table and usually spend a few minutes searching before I remember where I left them. I just need to start checking under the table first.

I have even been known to remove my shoes while eating out at a restaurant and tuck my legs up underneath me, getting comfy and settling in. While I wouldn’t do this at a fancy restaurant, I often do at more casual places. It’s just how I roll.

Socks get almost the same treatment from me. Most of the time I prefer to be completely barefoot. However, there are times (like now, when it’s very wintery outside) when I will cave and put on a pair of thick, soft, comfy socks. I don’t usually last very long before I take them off, though. This behavior of mine is especially fun at night in the winter months: Kenny just loves when I get into bed and stick my invariably freezing cold feet on his warm legs. If I started to wear socks regularly, I wouldn’t be able to torment him so.

And even thought he’d never admit it, I just know he’d miss it. Right, dear?

The only problem this creates is that my feet are almost ALWAYS really cold when I get into bed at night in the winter. And sometimes I like to give Kenny a break. So I choose not to freeze him out with my feet. But that leaves me with really cold feet. And burying them deep within the recesses of my bedding doesn’t work fast enough. I don’t ever achieve the pocket of warmth my feet desire within a reasonable amount of time. This really is a perpetual problem I have from December to February.

I realize there is a simple solution to all of this (just put on some socks, genius!), but I’m stubborn. And if I accepted that simplicity, I wouldn’t have this delightfully random topic to write about here. I bet you didn’t expect to read something like this when you clicked on the link to my site today.

What can I say? I’m an equal opportunity blogger.

And I’m just trying to keep it real, people.

4 comments:

AD#1 said... Best Blogger Tips

Now, I know you don't get that from your mom or QP! ... I, on the other hand, am totally a barefoot person (though I do love my socks in the wintertime!)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

Gross.

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

I kept thinking we'd get a picture of Riley with bare feet at some point in this post....

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

I have two words for you: electric blanket. Now's the time to get great deals on them. Get one with dual controls. Buy a queen size instead of a king if the king is a lot more money. Put it on your bed. Turn it on about an hour before you go to bed. Turn it off when you get into your toasty, toasty bed on cold wintry nights. Heaven.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...