Twenty-two months….where does the time go???
Riley weighs 29.4 pounds and stands about 36 inches tall.
Here’s what I want to remember about this past month:
- He tried some new foods this month: celery, coleslaw, sushi (crunchy roll), goat cheese, smoothies (both homemade green and Smoothie King’s Mangofest), and animal crackers. He’s eating fairly well but not completely consistently from meal to meal. And he hasn’t had as much interest in his milk lately, which is interesting.
- His talking has continued to increase, if you can believe it. Some of his newest phrases are “it’s alright, Riley,” “just a few,” “you’re fine,” “have to go see ‘em,” “have to get some more,” “need to slow down,” “ nice and warm,” “snug as a bug,” “ looky looky” (he says this when trying on my shoes….no idea where he got it from), “I’m not mad,” “nuh-huh,” “yeah no,” silly goose,” “little bitty bitty baby one,” “geaux tigers,” “lemme put your badge on.”
- He knows Daddy’s name is Kenny and Mama’s name is Courtney.
- He loves to vacuum (although he calls the small dustbuster “a little scary”) and to help with the laundry. I am way okay with both.
- He now has 16 teeth. He’s been sucking on his fingers lately, so he may be getting his last 4 (molars). He also started chewing on the collars of his shirts this month.
- He rapidly flaps his wrists when he doesn’t want to do something, and he also does a similar thing when he’s pretending to flap like a bird.
- He’s doing much better with me leaving him in the nursery for Jazzercise class, but he still makes sure I’m going to “come and get you.”
- He has been requesting songs from his music class a lot this month, which tells me he really enjoyed going. Gali Gali has been the most requested.
- He has developed a somewhat nightly ritual with his daddy: playing on the stairs with his green spiky ball. Kenny lies on his back on the lower set of stairs and Riley drops the ball over the upper railing to him. Kenny throws it back up and the game continues.
- He has started randomly running laps around the living room, dining room, and front hallway.
- He still loves watching Mickey and Chuck, but his new favorite is Chuggington. He hasn’t quite figured out the correct way to phrase his request for the show yet, though. I often hear “Do you wanna watch trains?” Sure buddy, I would LOVE to watch trains.
I tried my best to get a picture of him in his chair, but he wasn’t have any of it. He’s actually been wanting to be in his crib a lot these days, even when it’s not time to sleep. (One time when I went in to get him after his nap he said to me, “Just wanna sleep!” Funny kid.
So, here is his twenty-two-month-old stubborn self, in his crib and perfectly content at 9 in the morning.