1. Quality time with my boys is the best time. Even if I’m a little tired.
2. He was so cute this day, especially when he started double-fisting sippies.
3. Outside time in our backyard and at a nearby playground.
4. A couple of leftovers from Halloween season: Riley as a scary sticker monster (who only knows) and sweet Kate as Minnie Mouse.
5. He was cute this day too, with his digger shirt and cuffed jeans.
But he was especially cute when I asked him where his dimples were.
6. Rockin’ his brother’s old jean jacket.
7. Goofing around with Kate at Nola and Nopsi’s after school one day. This was before Riley slid off the couch cushion and busted his lip on the coffee table. Told him so, but did he listen? Nope.
8. Nola took me to lunch for my birthday but made me drive. When I picked her up, we discovered that we were practically dressed alike, in black dresses and jean jackets.
We had lunch at Boucherie, which was really good. The garlic and parmesan French fries were yummy, as were the two desserts I just had to try: a rich chocolate terrine and Krispy Kreme bread pudding. Yum. Thanks Nola!
Then that night Kenny took me to Cava for dinner. It was also delish. Thanks, Baby!
9. I found myself at the doctor with Rory last week. He woke up sick on Thursday morning, coughing and snotty and generally miserable. Dr. N ruled out flu and strep and prescribed an antibiotic. By that afternoon, after a great nap, the little one was feeling much better. However, he’s still not 100%; in fact, all four of us haven’t been well at the same time for a very long time. Yuck.
10. Kenny and I spent last Saturday night in Baton Rouge for a friend’s wedding. Brouss and Jessica got married at the Methodist church on LSU’s campus and held their reception at the Old Governor’s Mansion downtown. It was so much fun being with all of our friends on our old stomping grounds again.
Congrats, Brouss and Jess!