Riley is 15 months old today! It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating his first birthday, yet here he is, one fourth of the way closer to two. Wow.
He does go back to see Dr. N soon, but his appointment isn’t until Monday, so I will have his stats next week. In the meantime, here’s what I want to remember about this past month:
- Thankfully, we still have had no issues with him eating or drinking. There are some days when he doesn’t seem to want as much as usual, but most of the time he is a P-I-G hog.
- He tried a few new foods this month, including roasted brussel sprouts, oranges, turkey, cranberries, stuffing, and whipped cream. And we are now giving him a mixture of apple juice and water instead of just water, which he loves.
- He is definitely testing his limits with us, and he knows EXACTLY what he’s doing!
- He had 5 teeth at the very beginning of this month, but by the end there were 7 of the suckers poking through his gums.
- He started saying lots of new words (wall, grass, ball, light, bus, juice, grape, mess, hat, door, milk, puffs, stinky, hot, outside, moon, open, crab), as well as a few phrases (thank you, all done/gone, Aunt E, gobble-gobble for turkey, hoo-hoo for owl, eeeee for mouse, ho-ho-ho for Santa). He also knows what “knock-knock” means, and he rubs his hand over his chest/belly when we ask if something is “yummy in his tummy.”
- He is SO smart, picking up on things so quick and understanding lots of simple commands.
- He loves to wipe his hands on the sides of his highchair seat, which is extra fun for me. He still hates getting his face cleaned (but still loves baths). He also still eats with his feet crossed most of the time.
- Forget walking, he is now running. He can move pretty darn fast on those little legs of his.
- He started headbutting anything and everything this month, which made life interesting for Jem, as well as Kenny and I when we put him to bed at night. We had to constantly be prepared for him to come at us and move out of the way if he did!
- He loves music and will dance anytime he hears something with even a semblance of a beat.
- He still loves being outside and exploring nature, collecting leaves, pine needles, pinecones, acorns, twigs, etc. We moved his slide to the side yard at the end of this month.
- He is fascinated and mesmerized by all of the Christmas lights and other decorations that have gone up in Nola and Nopsi’s neighborhood just after Thanksgiving.
- He is stubborn like his mama, and he gets a little whiny (“eh, eh, eh, eh”) when he wants something, but for the most part he is a happy and smiley little boy.
Fifteen months old! (And apparently in need of another haircut. Great.)