Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Random Riley Roundup

1. I picked up a new bowl for Riley from BB&B a few weeks ago, and it is so cool. It’s a gyro bowl, so supposedly it retains whatever is in it no matter which way Riley holds it. We’ve only used it once so far, but it works pretty well, plus it entertains him while he’s eating.

IMG_0535 IMG_0537 IMG_0532

2. Riley assumes a squatting position a lot these days, especially when we’re outside, because it allows him to further scrutinize whatever he’s got in his hands. I think he looks so cute when he “sits” like this!

DSC_0368 DSC_0351

3. Although the weather down here hasn’t been what one would call consistent, we still try to get out for wagon rides as much as we can. One (warm) day it was leaves that occupied the boy’s attention, and the next (cold) day it was a butterfly. And his wagon is never without a plethora of acorns hanging out in the cup holders. Riley definitely loves discovering all that nature has to offer!

IMG_0546 IMG_0548

IMG_0550 IMG_0551 IMG_0554 IMG_0552

4. I just love my little preppy boy. Thanks for the really cute sweater, Aunt E. :)

 DSC_0371 IMG_0556 DSC_0372

DSC_0375

DSC_0377 IMG_0564 IMG_0560

5. Riley and Jem are still BFF’s, only the boy is now insisting on grabbing handfuls of fur and skin and tackling the feline to the ground to give him “hugs.” Poor Jem.

IMG_3620

IMG_3621 IMG_3622

Then again, this is the same cat that recently tipped over the wastebasket in my room and proceeded to lay down inside of it, so I don’t feel too bad for him. He can take care of himself, in his own weird ways.

IMG_3624

6. I recently ordered a few things for Riley from Old Navy, and I couldn’t resist adding this owl hat to my order. How cute is it???

DSC_0381 DSC_0385

DSC_0383

Uncle Jeff liked it, too, but I told him he had to get his own. This one is Riley’s.

IMG_3653

7. For some reason or another, I pulled out a plastic sword that was part of a Halloween costume a number of years ago, and Riley has claimed it as his own. After all, it goes perfectly with his plastic snake. (Although to be honest, I would have given him just about anything he wanted on this particular day since he woke up with a runny nose. He’s a trooper though, and he was actually in a fairly good mood most of the day considering!)

DSC_0387 DSC_0395

DSC_0396 DSC_0397

Don’t you just love his new “angry” looks? (He should have practiced them more before Halloween….they would have been the perfect addition to his costume!) He cracks me up when he looks at me like that, but of course I tend to prefer him smiley instead.

DSC_0400

8. Wonk potatoes is especially wonky when he sleeps at night.

IMG_3134 IMG_3627

No, I did not place the blanket over his face; I found him like that when I went in to check on him before going to bed myself. But yes, I did uncover him before I left the room. I admit I was a little afraid he couldn’t breathe well enough, especially since he’s been sick.

9. Empty diaper boxes are excellent places to play.

DSC_0401

DSC_0404 DSC_0405

DSC_0406

Especially if you bring your new sword in there with you.

DSC_0407 DSC_0409

10. This has been a pretty busy month for us, but we have managed to steal some family time here and there, around our travels and the LSU football schedule, of course. We’ve practically lived in purple and gold lately!

IMG_3154

DSC_0420 DSC_0425

IMG_3647 IMG_3649

IMG_3629

11. Nola and Nopsi are back in town for the holidays (six whole weeks!), and one of the first things they did was clean out their closet here so they would have enough room for all of their clothes. Riley might have inherited a pair of Nola’s old (pink) socks, as well as a random hairbrush. Lovely.

IMG_3633

IMG_3645 IMG_3637 IMG_3640 IMG_3636

12. Nola tried out a new popcorn popper the other day for lunch, and Riley got a kick out of watching it work its magic.

DSC_0427

DSC_0432 DSC_0435

1 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Awesome pix! Especially that cute Uncle Jefferson. Now I know what to get him for christmas (shhhh...)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...