Saturday, June 23, 2012

Packing for Paris

I know I told you yesterday that you wouldn’t be seeing any of Riley for a few days, but I decided I couldn’t do that to you. Plus, I found a whole slew of photos on my phone from when I was packing for Paris and I just have to share them.

IMG_1197

As you can imagine, packing for nine days overseas takes time and requires much patience. It can also be quite challenging, especially when you’re trying to do it with a 21-month-old under your feet. I must confess that Riley watched a lot of Mickey (one day with Littlefoot right next to him….so sweet) while I decided what to bring with me.

IMG_1188 IMG_1204IMG_1209 IMG_1190

But he also decided at one point that he might like to come with me. If only I had had room in my suitcase!

IMG_1217 IMG_1212

Helping Mama pack for two days straight must have worn him out.

IMG_1198 IMG_1245

Packing wore me out, too.

IMG_1222

That was me the night before I left. I sat on the couch and iced down my left knee, which unexpectedly began hurting me the day before. Super. The wine helped, though.

P6082078

That was me shortly after we arrived in Paris. QP had brought along her knee brace for me to use, which I did. For about four hours on the first day. That was enough. My knee did bother me every now and then throughout the trip, but I didn’t let it stop me from walking 175,000 steps, 75 miles, and up 600 flights!

I made sure to get in lots of squeezes and kisses from my boy before I left him in the capable hands of Aunt E (and, later, Daddy, Nopsi, and Grandma). It was hard for me to leave him, but I knew he would be just fine. And as you saw earlier this week, he had lots of fun while I was gone.

IMG_1223

However, Grandma did share with me that she had a bit of a hard time settling Riley down when he woke up from his nap a couple of days. He apparently really, really, really wanted his mama. I was sorry she had to deal with that, but it sure warmed my heart to know that he missed me while I was gone.

IMG_1237

I missed him, too, but I am so glad I went on this truly once-in-a-lifetime trip. Back to the Paris recap tomorrow!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...