Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rice Cereal = One Big Mess

When we went to Dr. B a few weeks ago, one of the main things he talked to us about was starting Riley on solid food. We began with a tablespoon of Gerber rice cereal mixed with formula on the afternoon of New Year’s Eve. We were supposed to give him two separate feedings of the cereal on the first day, but Friday was a little busy, so we decided to ease him into the new process. He reacted like a typical infant trying something new and not having a clue how to master it right away. He made an absolute mess of himself, sported some pretty funny faces, and generally didn’t know what to do. We loved every minute of it.

DSC_0895All clean and ready to go!

DSC_0901I’m not quite sure what I think of this, Mom.

DSC_0902 DSC_0903 DSC_0904 DSC_0905

DSC_0910 What have you gotten me into???

DSC_0915Time out for a smile!

DSC_0928Pardon me, but is this supposed to taste this bad?

DSC_0934I don’t like it, Mom. And please stop smiling; it’s annoying.

DSC_0941Oh, no. Now you’re BOTH smiling.

DSC_0945 Please, no more.

IMG_7987Ah, at last, something familiar.

IMG_7991And I’m spent.

The next morning was our second attempt. It went much like the first time did, but he did get a bit better with taking the cereal from the spoon. And we got smart: we stripped him down to his diaper for this one and then plopped him in the kitchen sink afterwards. Good plan. I have a feeling he’ll be getting a bath every day from now on until he gets used to this new style of eating.

IMG_8089

IMG_8093 IMG_8094

IMG_8096

We also took a video of the second feeding. Please enjoy. We sure did!

3 comments:

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh my GOD, this is even funnier than the real thing. It ranks right up there with the stretching video in my book. And my compliments to Riley's parents who do a great job of documenting his "firsts." Can't wait to see what's next in that little guy's development. Rolling over?

Aunt Dawn #1 said... Best Blogger Tips

So glad I was there to witness it in person ... and I thnk Nola may be right ... it is even more hilarious the second (third, fourth, fifth ...) time around!!!

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey. If I am not mistaken, in the 'Pardon me' pic, that child is raising his eyebrow! He got the gene!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...