Tuesday, January 25, 2011

He Snores. She Wakes.

Kenny slept in the guest room almost all of last week.

No, I did not banish him from our bedroom. HE took himself to the other room.

Because he knew he was going to snore.

He did something to his upper back/shoulder/neck area a little while ago (I’m sure Riley was involved somehow), and now the only position that is comfortable for him at night is lying flat on his back. And that makes him snore.

That makes him snore LOTS.

And me, being such a light sleeper, cannot handle the snoring. He doesn’t even have to be very loud; I’ll still be able to hear only the snoring. And unfortunately my white noise machine isn’t THAT good.

(Sidenote: I love my white noise machine. I ordered it online from Amazon, and I am addicted to it. It helps to block out all of the normal nighttime noises of the house; otherwise, my light-sleeper self wouldn’t get nearly as much shut-eye. I even have a white noise app on my iPhone for when I’m away from home. Sad, but true.)

There’s usually only one position Kenny can be in and not snore: on his stomach facing right. I’m not sure why it has to be facing right, but he absolutely snores if he’s on his stomach facing left. It’s one of life’s little mysteries.

Anyway, so that both of us could get some sleep while he’s position restricted, Kenny just decided to start sleeping in the other room. I miss having him next to me, but I sure do love my sleep.

Have I mentioned before that I married a wonderful man?

4 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Maybe his mom put him on his tummy facing right as a baby? Because in any other position, his mom found, the infant SNORED. hahahahaha. Sorry. Hope he is back where he belongs soon.

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

OK, this is just too much information. But I do hope that his shoulder feels better soon.

Erin said... Best Blogger Tips

I know your pain! Jeff snores when he is sick and/or over-served. He doesn't snore when he is on his right side. Usually I just kick him (lightly...mostly!) and he'll roll over. But I'm such a light sleeper too that all I can focus on is his snoring. So for two weeks either I was in the guest room or he was. Wasn't fun but at least we both got some sleep.

AD#1 said... Best Blogger Tips

Snorers of the family unite ... we know not how bad we are ... we are asleep (blissfully so)! LOL Feel better soon, Kenny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...