Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Sad Day

On December 27 at approximately 6pm CST Riley had his very last bottle of breast milk. This was the momentous occasion I mentioned a few days ago. When I took the bottle out of the refrigerator and realized it was the last one, I got a little emotional. I don’t at all regret stopping, and I’m glad I could provide milk for Riley for as long as I did, but it was sad to see all of my hard work for three months come to an end.

Even though we were surrounded by lots of family who probably all wanted to be the one to feed Riley (I couldn’t remember the last time I had fed him since we got into town on Christmas Eve), you had better believe I claimed this feeding with my boy. 

DSC_0783

DSC_0789

DSC_0795

Riley has been solely on Enfamil formula for just over a week. And guess what? He is significantly less gassy. (He’s still unfortunately waking up in the middle of the night, but we won’t talk about that.)

My mother could not believe I was planning to post this entry on my blog. However, I’m becoming a big fan of the motto “anything goes.” If it’s something I’d like to remember, I plan to write about it. So my sincere apologies to those who didn’t appreciate this one; perhaps you’ll like other upcoming subject matter better!

4 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

It's ok, PC. Your little man is growing up! Today it's formula and before you know it he'll be asking dad for the keys to the car....

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

Friend, it's OK. I will always be here for you to talk about boobies & boobie juice. (That's what it's really called right?)

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

Great. Now I have to be careful of ALL comments I make to you since they can obviously be blog fodder. Sigh. However, I AM very proud of you for providing Riley with that nutritious start to his life; terrific job, Angel.

Aunt Dawn #1 said... Best Blogger Tips

No apology necessary, C ... this was a momentous occasion for both you and your son!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...