Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blue

I played around with the color accent setting on my little Canon point-and-shoot camera the other day.

Color accent allows you to select one color to highlight in a picture. For instance, I could use a red color accent on a bouquet of roses and only the actual blooms would be in color. The rest of the picture would be in black and white. This makes the roses themselves pop into rich, vibrant, red focus.

In my case the other day, I chose to accent the color blue.

Because Riley’s eyes are beautifully blue.

IMG_8368

IMG_8371 IMG_8375

IMG_8377 

IMG_8380 IMG_8381

IMG_8385

IMG_8389

Riley tolerated this impromptu photo session for a lot longer than I thought he would. We took a break for a bottle and some playtime, and then we went outside. I took a few more “blue” pictures, this time with the addition of his blue jacket. The light wasn’t great since it was late afternoon, but I still got a few decent shots.

IMG_8419

IMG_8420 

IMG_8421

I’m liking this camera setting.

I’m liking it very much.

Postscript: If anyone out there wants to send me a Canon Rebel T1i or a Nikon D700, I would not turn either down.

4 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

OMG PC these are awesome

AD#1 said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm liking that camera setting, too! Of course, it helps that your subject is the most beautiful baby of all time!

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

Gorgeous child, simply gorgeous. Can't wait to see how the professional pics come out with such a darling subject.

Cheryl said... Best Blogger Tips

Love it. Want to see how you do that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...