Friday, January 7, 2011

Hello 2011!

I’m a little late with my New Year’s post, simply because so much happened at the end of 2010. I cannot believe another year is in the books. Over. Done with. I cannot believe I started off 2010 newly pregnant and ended the year with a 4-month-old little boy who I love more than I thought capable. And I still cannot believe how lucky I am to have married my best friend. 2010 was great, but I hope 2011 is even better.

IMG_7999

Kenny, Riley, and I went to a party at Brian and Bridget’s house on NYE night. There are so many kids at our get-togethers these days! I was watching the older ones run around, blowing on their noisemakers, yelling and screaming, and generally creating mayhem, and I thought to myself, “I can’t wait until Riley is old enough to do this.”

IMG_8032

IMG_8025 IMG_8040 IMG_8046 IMG_8059

Then I realized he’s much easier to deal with NOW. Even with all of the drool.

IMG_8023

He was up for about two hours after we got there and then went down relatively easy, considering all of the noise. He woke up crying once, but he slept through the entire stretch of New Year’s fireworks. How, I don’t know, because the people in the neighborhood seemed like they were trying to outcompete one another for the biggest and loudest firework display. Brian included. But they did provide me with a good chance to test out the “Firework” setting on my camera.

IMG_8038 IMG_8045 IMG_8053 IMG_8073 IMG_8075 IMG_8079 IMG_8081 IMG_8083

Riley also got to meet his potential future (older by three weeks) girlfriend, Ashlyn. She was born just 5 days after her cousin, Jack (who slept through the whole party. Kenny and I are very jealous of the peace Kelli and Steve are enjoying right now. Although, they did have some very rough times with Jack early on, so I’m ultimately glad for them. But that doesn’t mean we aren’t still wishing with all of our might for Riley to sleep for 12 hours straight.). And all of the parents are friends. How cool is that?

IMG_7993 IMG_8006 

It really was a fun, low-key, laidback night. Kenny and I hadn’t seen any of our friends for quite a while, so it was nice to spend some time with the ones who were able to make it to the party. I hope your New Year started off as great as ours did!

IMG_8086Unfortunately my first picture of 2011 didn’t include Riley: he was sleeping. :(

2 comments:

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

Dad will really groove on those fireworks pictures; great ones. And your NYE reminded me of so many of mine as a young mother. Looks like y'all had a great time. Happy 2011 to us all!

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the pic of Bean and Ashlyn. So cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...