Thursday, December 18, 2014

Kids’ Christmas Parties

Karen was gracious enough to host another Christmas party for the kids at her house this year. Everyone gathered on Sunday afternoon in PJs and had a great time. I left Rory home with Kenny since the main project this year was a bit more involved: decorating gingerbread houses!

DSC_5254

cmas-kids

DSC_5278

I hoped Riley would be willing to decorate a house, especially since there was candy involved. He probably ate close to his weight in gumdrops, but he did most of the decorating on his own, with a little help from me.

DSC_5256

DSC_5268

DSC_5272

DSC_5276

DSC_5279

All of the kids did a great job on their houses. I loved seeing all of the differences in each of the kids’ creations. So many different personalities at one table.

DSC_5284

DSC_5288

DSC_5287

DSC_5292

After we cleaned up from the house project, we moved on to the next activity: beaded pipe cleaner ornaments. These were a hit last year, so Bridget brought them back again. We made candy canes, and Riley actually made two!

DSC_5294 DSC_5297

DSC_5296

Kelli brought the final activity: painting plaster ornaments. Riley had firmly parked himself in Nathan’s room in front of a bucket of Legos, so I didn’t make him paint. All of the other kids did, though.

DSC_5298

DSC_5302

The kids ate a hot dog dinner and then ran off some of the energy from all the candy they ate. Just before we left, I had the seven of them pile onto a couch so I could get a group picture. Love the series of shots I got. These kids are so kooky, and I love that.

DSC_5306

DSC_5307

DSC_5308 DSC_5310

DSC_5311

DSC_5312

Thanks so very much for hosting us, Karen!

The next day we finally had Claire and Alcee over to our house for Riley’s second kids’ party of the season. I picked up some fun peppermint patterned plates, put together little Christmas favors for the kids, and made a fun and festive snack for them to have after school.

DSC_5316

IMG_8572

DSC_5322 IMG_8529

DSC_5324

DSC_5320

Dana and Diana also brought little gifts for the kids. Riley was most excited about the bubble bath ornaments, but I thought the reindeer and snowman hats were adorable.

DSC_5327

DSC_5328

The five kids ran around, played, watched Frozen, ate some dinner, and generally had a grand time together for almost three hours, while Diana, Dana, and I stood in the kitchen, eating and drinking and chatting. It was a great night.

DSC_5331

DSC_5334

DSC_5347 DSC_5348

DSC_5335

DSC_5329 DSC_5330

DSC_5341

DSC_5343

DSC_5342

I’m so glad we have gotten to know these two families. I’m hopeful that we will all remain friends for many years to come and that the Three Musketeers will have many more adventures together. 

DSC_5356

I’m thankful we have had so many fun things to do lately. It’s exhausting sometimes but it’s worth it to see the wonder in my two boys’ eyes. I hope they have enjoyed everything we’ve done.

And we’re not finished yet: Riley’s last day of school in 2014 is tomorrow, and I know he’s excited about that. Then there’s a special Christmas lunch on Friday, celebrating with Nopsi’s family on Saturday, caroling in Jackson Square on Sunday night, and of course Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Let the good {holiday} times keep on rolling!

1 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

You're so lucky to have such close friends, making memories for all your kids. Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...