Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thirty-Four.

Today is my 34th birthday. In honor of that, I thought I’d list 34 things that you may or may not know about me. Enjoy!

  1. I have a flying pig figure from Pier One on the windowsill above my kitchen sink. It makes me happy every time I glance at it.
  2. I am addicted to coffee and to chocolate.
  3. I brush my teeth way too hard. I go through new toothbrushes twice as fast as Kenny does.
  4. I always cough when I use a Q-tip in my ears. Strange.
  5. I am notorious for forgetting the last load of laundry in the dryer. I’ll come back days later and discover it.
  6. I hate dusting, so I don’t do it nearly as often as I should.
  7. Whenever I get French fries from Wendy’s I always order a small Frosty too, so I can dip the fries into the Frosty. (A chocolate one, of course; not vanilla. Please.)
  8. I never wanted kids before I started dating Kenny.
  9. I like eating crunchy things and will often add some crackers or chips to my dinner plate to satisfy my need for crunch. Kenny thinks I’m crazy.
  10. I don’t wear makeup regularly, and I am way okay with that.
  11. I like bananas, but only if they are on the green side of yellow. When presented with a really ripe banana or any banana-flavored thing, I will gag a little bit because of the smell.
  12. I have very sensitive eyes, so I use my trusty onion goggles whenever I need to chop an onion. They are awesome.
  13. I used to be an extremely impatient person but having kids will stretch the limit of one’s patience. Not very far, mind you, but I am better than I used to be.
  14. I can’t really whistle. Kenny has tried to teach me how, but I just can’t do it all that well.
  15. I like to eat M&Ms four at a time. Yes, I realize this is a bit OCD.
  16. My hair is naturally wavy and quite thick.
  17. My family’s names are all inter-connected: my mom and I have the same middle name (Leigh); my first name is my dad’s middle name and also my great aunt’s last name (Courtney); and my brother’s (and Rory’s!) middle name is my dad’s first name (David). Crazy, huh?
  18. My favorite color is purple.
  19. On my nightstand when I go to bed you will find a big bottle of Aveeno lotion, my alarm clock, a book, and my Contigo water bottle.
  20. I went to an all-girls Catholic high school.
  21. I love being barefoot. I rarely have shoes or socks on, especially when I am inside.
  22. There are too many to choose just one, but The Princess Bride is one of my all-time favorite movies.
  23. My favorite book series are Harry Potter and Outlander.
  24. Every once in awhile something totally random will strike me as funny and I will go into a fit of giggles, complete with tears and sore stomach muscles. Fun times.
  25. I would love to travel to Australia and to Ireland someday.
  26. I am a cat person. Kenny is a dog person. I have a feeling this is a losing battle.
  27. I have a masters degree in Marine Science from the University of North Carolina Wilmington.
  28. I played soccer for 8 years when I was younger, including rec ball at a local park and varsity in high school.
  29. I am NAUI-certified in SCUBA.
  30. I have never broken one of my own bones. Someone else’s? Well, that’s another story.
  31. I love sleeping on my stomach. However, since having Rory, sleeping that way makes my back hurt. So sad.
  32. I worked in the Education Department of the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas. I actually started the job 6 weeks before Hurricane Katrina, got laid off for 9 months, and then went back for about another year and a half before getting married and moving to Lafayette for three years.
  33. I still have one of my baby teeth and will almost certainly have to have an implant put in eventually. Super.
  34. I have the best family. Ever. I am so blessed and loved, and I am supremely grateful for that fact.

Happy Birthday to me!

6 comments:

beansproutfollower985 said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Birthday! May you have a wonderful day with your family!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

My dear granddaughter,you are very special to me and your Bop- AND we think you are am awesome Mom and wife- Hugs, Grams ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

Kenny said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy birthday to my wonderful wife and the mother of our 2 sweet boys. We love you the mostest!

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

I am amazed at how many of these things also apply to me. Some, certainly, do not and FAR from my quirks; but it's incredible to me how many little habits we share.

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Well, No. 33 was a revelation to me. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you and your baby tooth!

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this! Mainly because I'll take any reminder that my OCD is shared with one of my nearest and dearest. Happy birthday friend! Love you for all these reasons and more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...