Friday, April 8, 2011

The Shed

On our way back from Houston the three of us stopped at a BBQ restaurant Kenny and I had been wanting to try: The Shed. The timing worked out great with Riley, so we decided it was the perfect opportunity.

Riley got his lunch first, sitting up like a big boy in one of those wooden restaurant highchairs.

IMG_9976 IMG_9979

And although he seemed to be looking longingly at our sampler of all of the delicious BBQ options, Riley was very well-behaved while Kenny and I ate our lunch.

IMG_9981

I’d have to say our first dining out experience since he was less than two months old went very well. I thought we would have to rush through our meal to prevent any loud, protest crying from erupting, but instead he charmed our waitress and the family at the table next to us. Believe me when I say, though, that I am under no delusions that every time in a restaurant with him will go this well.

IMG_9983

Especially considering his behavior during meals at home lately, I’ll be sure to stash a couple of drop cloths in the back of my car for when we eat out.

Just in case.

2 comments:

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

Our little boy is growing up. Sniff. Another milestone. Oh, and by the way, I hope you wiped off the highchair with an antiseptic Wet One first!!!!!!! Yuck.

What a great family experience. You'll have many more...great and not so great ones.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

You can use your shopping cart cover on highchairs too...then you don't have to worry about Riley sampling all the funk on the chair!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...