Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mango

I absolutely love mangoes. My obsession started when Kenny and I were staying at a bed and breakfast on the Big Island in Hawaii on our honeymoon. We got a few pieces of delicious fresh mango included on our “appetizer” fruit plates every morning we were there.

A moment of silence for those fruit plates; they truly were things of beauty.

IMG_3159

Mangoes can be a little difficult to select because there’s really no way to know if one is bad or not. I’ve had to throw away a few over the years, which is so frustrating because I had such a craving for one all of those times. And, they’re not the cheapest fruit.

Mango is one of the stage 2 fruit options, and Riley really seemed to like it the very first time I gave it to him. So when I cut up a particularly good mango for myself one recent afternoon (I’m on a great streak with mango selection right now, which makes me so happy), I decided to give him a taste of the real thing in its purest state.

IMG_0110

Little dude went nuts and almost sucked the whole piece right out of my fingers!

IMG_0111

I had to keep an iron grip on it so he wouldn’t accidentally choke himself.

IMG_0120

I hope I have as much success with other “real” foods I introduce to him.

 IMG_0117

The possibilities are endless!

2 comments:

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh thank GOD. I thought it was just going to be about MANGOS. And you're right. We can all have so much fun watching Riley discover REAL food instead of that nasty baby stuff...except for the cherry vanilla pudding...which I don't think they make anymore.

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Next stop: Jazzfest for a mango freeze!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...