Saturday, April 30, 2011

Eight Months

Riley is 8 months old today.

Eight months old, 22 pounds, and 29 inches long, with a head circumference of 18 inches.

Chunker.

His eating and sleeping habits have stayed pretty much the same (although, we are possibly transitioning from three naps to two naps, which would be awesome), so I won’t bore you with those repetitive details. Instead, here are a few fun facts I’d like to remember about his eighth month:

  • He is finally eating like a normal human being again (lots less raspberry-blowing), but he does constantly twirl his hands and feet while eating. Too funny. And the drooling has slowed but continues; still no teeth.
  • He’s started to mimic Kenny and me clicking our tongues, as well as stick his own tongue out. And he very recently started making this cute little “purring” sound. I guess his dad passed down the ability to roll his r’s!
  • He loves his mini-massage I give him every night after his bath, especially when I get to his chunky little legs. And he’s beginning to rub his eyes with the backs of his hands when he gets sleepy, which is the cutest thing.
  • He is kind of starting to understand “no.” When I say it to him, he’ll usually stop what he’s doing and look at me.
  • He studies things very intently, and he is already beginning to understand action and reaction. He also started making a “ge” sound (with a hard “g”) this month.
  • He is officially sitting up, scooting, and crawling. He’s a pro at all three. And he is starting to pull himself up to a standing position by grabbing onto my arm, his music table, an ottoman, a box of diapers, etc.
  • He discovered grass early on this month and loves to rake his hands through it. He also loves shiny drains in bathtubs as well as all door stoppers. And I still can’t get him away from the laptop power cord. It’s a constant battle.
  • He is fascinated with my parents’ cats, especially Jem, the big orange one.
  • He outgrew his infant seat and is now in a big boy convertible carseat. Still facing backwards, of course.

Even though he has his tough moments that try my patience, he is ultimately a happy baby and such a sweet boy. Here is his official 8 month pic!

IMG_0987

2 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Great post! Great picture!

Margaret said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi QP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...