Monday, April 4, 2011

Video Monday: Nesting Cups

I received a set of 8 plastic nesting cups as a gift when I was pregnant, and they are a permanent fixture in Riley’s play area every day. (I also discovered another set hiding in one of his baskets under his changing table a couple of weekends ago, so now the cups have doubled. Yay!)

I stack them, he knocks them down. Of course he drools and gnaws on them. And he swats and kicks them around the living room.

Most recently, he inadvertently scooted with one onto the hardwood floor and then dropped it, which evoked quite the reaction.

I’ll warn you now: there is an unfortunate face planting incident at the end of this one. His body just wants to move faster than his arms can keep up with sometimes, which often results in him kissing the floor. Hard.

Don’t worry, though; he was good to go 30 seconds later! 

The next day when he moved onto the hardwood (which is very often these days….he seems almost to prefer it!) I intervened to see if I would get the same reaction, hopefully minus the face planting.

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Courtney, JJ was with me when I watched the first video...wish you could have seen his face when Riley started to cry. :)
Lynne

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

I love me some RileyBean, face planting and all
Looks like he's going to 'crawl' on his hands and TOES!

Cheryl said... Best Blogger Tips

He really enjoys his toys. That's so great. He almost sat himself up in that second video. Won't be long now.

Erin said... Best Blogger Tips

He is so darn close to crawling. Maybe he'll just go straight to standing up and walking! I can't wait to see him this weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...