Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter

Sunday, April 24 marked Riley’s first celebration of Easter. I wasn’t sure how the day would go since we had a lot of activities planned, but Riley did really well. We all woke up really early on Sunday morning so there would be plenty of time to be ready to go to the 8:30am church service. And the early rising was also so Riley could receive his Easter basket!

IMG_0744

No, not a basket from his own parents. From MY parents, Nola and Nopsi. Terrible mother that I am, I did not put together my son’s very first Easter basket.

Give me a break! Life has been extremely hectic for us lately. Plus, Riley is only eight months old; what does he really know anyway? Besides, I KNEW that both sets of grandparents (and, as it turns out, 3 other pairs of relatives) would get him something, so I decided to let them have all of the Easter glory.

IMG_0751

Nice of me, wasn’t it? I thought so.

IMG_0756

Oh, and this is apparently what happens when I leave Riley alone with Kenny and Nola while I was getting ready for church:

IMG_0758 IMG_0761

Of COURSE my husband put the child IN his basket. Of course.

I did not expect Riley to get through his second time in church as easily as he did his first, but he was an angel. He fell asleep a few minutes into one of the first songs, and I sort of had to wake him up at the very end of the service. My left arm got quite the workout for an hour, but it was worth it to look down into that sweet face.

IMG_0770 

IMG_0777 

IMG_0781

After church, the three of us plus Kenny’s parents took a slightly impromptu trip down to the Quarter. Aunt Lizzie has played the Easter Bunny at Arnaud’s restaurant for a few years in a row, so we decided we just had to get some pictures of Riley-bean with her all dressed up. Plus, she was even able to take us upstairs and out onto one of their private balconies for the quick photo session, which made it even more special. Thanks again for taking time out for us, Lizzie; we had so much fun seeing you!

 IMG_0401 IMG_0396 IMG_0403

IMG_0787

IMG_0790 IMG_0800

IMG_0798

The rest of the day was split between both of our families, so Riley was kept mighty busy. We had a late brunch with Kenny’s parents, and then we headed back to my parents’ house for an early dinner. I got one good outside shot of Riley in his cute Easter outfit (thanks, Ms. Rosemary!) before he had had enough of me and my camera. Luckily, Nopsi was there to distract him with bubbles, which provided even more photo opportunities. Then of course we had to end the day with an obligatory splash in the pool.

easter

Whew…..I’d say our boy had a very fun first Easter. I know I did!

Special thanks to Nola and Nopsi, Grandma and Grandpa, Uncle Jeff and Aunt Erin, Grams and Bop, and QP and UJ for all of Riley-bean’s cute Easter gifts!

1 comments:

Suzanne said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks like you are having a blast in NOLA...so jealous! And you got to go to Easter service at Munholland...so special! Riley is just so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...