Friday, December 31, 2010

Holiday Post #4: Riley’s Baptism

On Sunday morning, the day after Christmas, Riley was baptized at the church where Kenny and I were married. We were probably a little crazy to cram one more thing into an already packed few days, but I’m glad we did since it meant that some of my out-of-town relatives could join us. The baptism was part of the 11am service, and Riley could not have behaved any better. He was happy as can be beforehand, a perfect angel for the minister when I handed him off, and promptly fell asleep in his dad’s arms after his part was done.

One of the things the minister apparently likes to do when baptizing children is to present them to the congregation after. Reverend Gene walked with Riley up and down the main aisle of the church so everyone could get a look at him. Kenny and I could hear the ooh’s and ahh’s from our place on the altar, and I admit I got a little teary. He’s just so darn cute!

IMG_1157  DSC_0151

    IMG_1163

DSC_0153  DSC_0158

DSC_0161  DSC_0163

   DSC_0166

After the service, everyone came back to my parents’ house for brunch (which were the preparations Kenny and I had to attend to on Christmas night: assembling yummy breakfast casseroles and buttermilk thyme biscuits) and to spend time with the newly baptized boy. Kenny and I are so grateful to all that could make it to the church and back to the house afterwards; we really appreciate you giving up your time during this busy holiday season to make the day a special one to remember!

DSC_0174 DSC_0186

baptism 

DSC_0764

Special thanks to my parents for providing a place for Kenny and I to host brunch, to Kenny’s mom for making the beautiful cake, and to Aunt Elena for taking great pictures during the ceremony. Thank you all very much!

1 comments:

Cheryl said... Best Blogger Tips

The ceremony was so sweet. They made it special by making it so personal. Glad to see you got some good pics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...