Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holiday Post #3: Christmas Day

Kenny, Riley, and I spent the first part of Christmas Day at my parents’ house with all of my family. We opened presents with my mom and dad (Riley got his first laptop from Nola and Nopsi!) before the rest of the family arrived for breakfast. We had our customary eggs with bacon, prepared by my 90-year-old grandfather. We look forward to it every year, and he certainly did not disappoint anyone!

riley18

We then piled into the den to open gifts. It was a little chaotic with so many people, but I love when we’re all together. That only happens every other year!

riley19 

IMG_1113

After the madness died down, Kenny, Riley, and I left to join his family for the afternoon. We had a great Christmas lunch together and then it was time for gifts. Zac, my nephew who shares the same birthday as Riley, was a little more interested in opening his loot this year, although he still probably would have preferred to play on the floor in the kitchen. Riley was asleep on me for most of the time, which gave me a great vantage point from which to watch everyone else!

riley20.

After we finished up with Kenny’s family, the three of us headed back to my parents’ house. Everyone was still there, so we got to spend more time with them. Kenny and I had a few things to do to prepare for the festivities the next day (more on that tomorrow!), and then we could finally relax. We of course had to play a rousing game of Apples to Apples (which Riley miraculously slept through….we are the opposite of quiet when we play that game), and then everyone went their separate ways. It was another wonderful Christmas!

DSC_0138 DSC_0141

IMG_1153

DSC_0143

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...