Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Holiday Post #2: A Christmas Photographic Tradition

Christmas morning sure has changed since I was a kid. I remember being too excited to go to sleep the night before and finally bounding out of bed when it was somewhat of a reasonable hour on the big day. I also remember not really wanting to get out of bed as a teenager and in my early 20s, favoring sleep over opening gifts. And now, the time I wake up on that special morning will be determined solely by Riley. I can’t wait until he’s old enough to understand the magic that is Christmas.

Although this year was still a memorable one, Riley started his day like any other, waking up smiling around 7am and wanting to eat. He was only up for just over an hour before he was ready to sleep again. But then Jeff and Erin arrived for a quick visit before heading to celebrate with her family. They came by to help fulfill my Dad’s request: taking our customary Christmas morning picture at the top of the stairs.

When we were little, Jeff and I weren’t allowed downstairs before Mom and Dad on Christmas morning. So we would sit at the top of the stairs together, still in our pajamas (and sometimes still pretty sleepy), and wait until we got the word. Dad started taking our picture a number of years ago, and it has become somewhat of a tradition. And although we aren’t in our pajamas anymore (time goes by too fast now not to be showered, dressed, and ready early on), it’s still a great way to start the day.

This year we took two separate pictures, one of all 5 of us and one of just Riley. For the second one, Kenny laid down on the floor behind Riley and held him with one hand so it appeared he was sitting all by himself. And then we had to get a family picture in front of the fireplace. All of the pictures turned out pretty cute!

DSC_0625

DSC_0633 DSC_0635 DSC_0637 DSC_0627

DSC_0645

DSC_0650

Sidenote: the main reason why I decided to break up these holiday posts is because I have approximately 485 pictures to choose from after all was said and done. I think this family has a picture-taking problem. It’s turning into a sickness, really. So bear with me over the next few days as I share with you all of our holiday memories!

2 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Ok so the picture of Bean at the top of the stairs is just too cute for words...

Aunt Dawn #1 said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the last picture of Riley at the top of the stairs! I must commend your dad on his photographic technique ... I see no sign of Kenny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...