Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Annual Christmas Tradition

As I said last year, my dad’s side of the family always gathers the Sunday before Christmas to celebrate. This year we were at my parents’ house in New Orleans. We watched the Saints lose to the Ravens (yuck) and then sat down to dinner after the game. It was great to see everyone, and some had never met Riley before. He was a very nice addition to the day this year, if I do say so myself.

I wanted to get a big group picture, but one of my cousins was late arriving and another was early leaving, so it didn’t happen. Oh, well. We are getting together again after Christmas when the rest of the family will be in town, so perhaps it will come together then. We shall see!

IMG_0898 IMG_0889 IMG_0895IMG_0900

Riley was pretty worn out at the end of the festivities, as you can tell from the picture below. He did great amongst all of his relatives, though, and was quite the charmer all day long!

IMG_0904

We did have an interesting night since we got back home kind of late, but that’s part of another story for another day. Suffice to say that Riley-bean is not the champion sleeper that he started out being. It was a nasty trick he played on his parents and we’re none too happy about it.

More on this later!

3 comments:

Mom said... Best Blogger Tips

OK, so Aunt Dawn beat me by seconds. That's because even though I SAW the post first, she remembered to comment whereas I did not. Anyway, thanks for coming in for Sunday's gathering and you are right; Riley was charming and delightful to have around. The last pictures is my favorite. Love that kid.

Aunt Dawn #1 said... Best Blogger Tips

That last picture is the CUTEST!! I think Riley is being so overstimulated during all these holiday visits/parties that he has trouble sleeping at night, so give it time, he will probably settle right down when it is all over.

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Who is this PQP???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...