Sunday, December 19, 2010

Comments

Can I tell you a secret? I love getting comments on here. It lets me know that people really are reading this little ol’ blog of mine and that some of you are even taking the time to leave your thoughts. It astounds me when someone so obscure, someone that I don’t see very often, says to me, “You know, I really enjoy reading your blog.” 

You what? Really? Truly? Stop it, you’re making me blush.

That scenario has happened more than once. However, I’m guessing I don’t know about every single person out there, sitting at their computer and, every now and then, navigating to my site. Because not everyone tells me that they read it. And that’s okay. But wouldn’t it be fun if everyone who does read my stuff shouted out to the world (or really, just me), “Here I am!”  Wouldn’t it? I think so.

So this is my challenge to you: let’s see how many comments I can get on this post. And I encourage you to comment every time you visit the site, not just on this one post because I’m asking you to. Please feel free to comment whenever the mood strikes you after reading what I had to say on any given future day.

It’ll make me feel less alone.

Not that I’m alone. I have a wonderful husband and an increasingly cute three-and-a-half-month-old little boy.

(Oh, yes. I think he’s getting cuter. By the hour. Then again, I am hugely biased.)

Not sure how to post a comment, you say? It’s actually quite easy. At the bottom of every post, there’s the author’s name (that would be moi), the timestamp of the post, and a link to comment. Click on the comments link. In the box on the right, and type whatever it is that you want to say.

Next comes the hardest part. You have to type in the strange “word” you see underneath the comments box, just so random non-humans (i.e., computers) are prevented from entering gibberish. Trust me, it happens. So this is an important step.

Then you choose your identity, so I can know who left the comment. Most of the time, it’s easiest just to choose either the “Name/URL” option or the “Anonymous” option. With “Name/URL” you just enter your name (a URL is optional and not required), and with “Anonymous” you can be, well, anonymous. Or you can be like my friend Lizzie: she usually selects “Anonymous” but puts her initials at the end of her actual comment so I know who she is. That’s right, I called you out, LP!

Then all you have to do is click “Publish Your Comment” and your words are recorded for all to see. But most importantly, I get an email alerting me that a new comment has just been published.

And I love getting those emails. Have I said that before? Am I starting to sound desperate?

My apologies.

So, who’s first?

16 comments:

Jeff said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks like your loving brother is first. Love the blog, sis.

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

If you had told me about your plea when
I stopped by your folks house to see Bean, I mean you and Kenny, I would have beat Jefferson!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Don't know HOW I missed this entry yesterday ... guess I was just so enamoured with my adorable new nephew, it wiped everything else from my mind! I LOVE reading your blog, Courtney ... it's my way of keeping up with the family from afar! Keep up the fabulous prose (and pictures, of course!)!

Aunt Dawn #1 said... Best Blogger Tips

Ok, guess I did not follow directions, because did not intend for the previous post to go "anonymous".

Kenny said... Best Blogger Tips

I love it the mostest!!! It's how I keep up with what's going on with. . . . Ohhh wait. . . . Well, I love it because I love you the mostest and I appreciate your passion for it. I think it's a GREAT type of modern "scrap book" that we get to share with the world. The extremely sweet comments about your wonderful husband and adorable kid don't hurt either! ~Love, Kenny

Mom said... Best Blogger Tips

So you are the needy first-born, like your mother, who thrives on positive feedback. OK, I promise I will TRY to comment on every single post because I want MY baby to be happy.

Oh, and by the way, you KNOW how crazy I am about your blog. You are doing such a fantastic job of posting so much and keeping all of us who love you three up on all the latest happenings in your lives. Makes me feel much closer to you since I can't be geographically closer to you. Sniff. Keep those words and pics and videos comin'!!!!!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I admit, I am a stalker.

LOVE, LP!

(P.S. Needy Lizzie likes being called out!!)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

Total blog stalker here as well...but frankly I think I comment a lot so you're lucky I can completely relate to the neediness. I mean, let's be real, that's pretty much why we became friends. That & you always had chips & salsa. =) LOVE YOU FRIEND!!!
(and my captcha word was "cousness" weird...that sounds dirty)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the blog! And was actually looking for a picture that I know you snapped yesterday of Riley giggling!! He's such a cutie pie! Aunt Dede

Erin said... Best Blogger Tips

I love your blog! It is part of my daily routine...check email then check blog! I actually get a little disappointed when it isn't updated!

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Ok so its been 24 hours. When is your next post.picture. video? Not that I'm a blog stalker like some I could mention ....

Aunt Dawn #1 said... Best Blogger Tips

I've been wondering the same thing as QP (does that sound like a blog stalker??)

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips

i love comments too!

Margaret said... Best Blogger Tips

Comment......
:) marge

Cheryl said... Best Blogger Tips

Well, I wasn't first. Any prize for ...Last! I love the blog but have been absent from much computer related through the holidays. Happy New Year! For me Jan 1 is always "Catch up on this long list of things you've put off since Thanksgiving" Day. So here I am loving all the memories. Memory is one of God's greatest gifts to us - so keep posting!

Trisha said... Best Blogger Tips

Like Erin said it is a part of my daily routine....check mail, check facebook, check your blog...maybe I shouldn't admit that...do I sound "stalkerish"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...