Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Snack, a Walk, and a Splash

We have been in New Orleans for about a week now, trying to get settled into our new digs and back on track with our daily routine. While he is still looking for a job, Kenny is going back and forth to our house to keep it maintained and clean while it is being shown to prospective buyers.

It’s only been on the market one week and we’ve already had five sets of people come through! Our fingers are crossed that this kind of interest keeps up and that we get a (good) offer soon.

All of Riley’s things have been moved to Nola and Nopsi’s house, so he is here for good. (I have some pics from our last day and night at our house, but I’m not quite ready to write about that yet.) We have Riley set up in my brother’s old room, and it’s almost just like his room at home, except with lots more space for him to roll around in. He seems to be adjusting fairly well, which Kenny and I hope continues.

IMG_0328

Since we have been in New Orleans Riley has been experiencing lots of new things. He had his first taste of Nola’s famous yin-yang cookies:

IMG_0299

He had his first go in a walker lent to us by the daughter of one of Nola’s friends (thanks, Lauren!):

IMG_0313

And he had his first taste (literally) of a swimming pool, thanks to Nopsi:

IMG_0318 

IMG_0321

Riley also celebrated his first Easter in New Orleans, but that is most definitely a post unto itself, seeing as how I managed to take 70 pictures throughout the day.

I really need to control myself when I have a camera in my hands. 

So my Easter post will be coming up next. And over the weekend you may just see some accompanying videos that go along with the walking and the splashing parts of this post. I guess I’m not going to slow down on my posting just yet!

It’s all Riley’s fault, really.

If he would just stop being so darn cute, then I wouldn’t have to document his every move and write about his doings on here.

I may have to have a talk with him about that.

2 comments:

Paula said... Best Blogger Tips

I can't wait until we get the boy all the way into the pool!

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

(aka QP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...