Friday, April 22, 2011

Scenes of Moving

Our big move to New Orleans is in full swing. I briefly considered not going through with it, though, after I saw the state of my house after we were through with our preparations.

This is probably the cleanest it has ever been. I kid you not.

We did so much work before listing the house, and I really hope our efforts pay off. Kenny pressure washed the entire exterior and built brand new front shutters to replace the rotting old ones. He also cleaned out and straightened up the garage. (I truly wish I had taken a “before” picture. Wow.) I cleaned and polished all of our kitchen appliances, vacuumed all of the blinds (man, were those dusty), and cleaned all of the baseboards and floors.

(I have decided that I want to pretend we’re moving again and thus do this same kind of deep cleaning once every two years or so. What a HUGE difference it makes.)

Kenny’s parents came over to help us out last weekend, and we couldn’t have gotten everything done without them. They assisted with the shutter project, cleaned the walls and patched all of the holes, and, perhaps most importantly, helped take care of Riley. They also graciously brought their trailer and took away an entire load of stuff we didn’t need here anymore.

Thank you both so, so much!

IMG_0229

Riley has also been a big help to his dad and me. He packed up all of my books with me, and he assisted Kenny in fixing the floor outside of his bedroom. I’m quite certain those tasks wouldn’t have gotten done without him.

IMG_0192 IMG_0200

Oh, and he also took a short break to watch a Baby Einstein DVD. He felt he deserved it after all of his hard work. (Note his favorite toy, never too far away from him.)

IMG_0195

And of course we still set aside some time outside every afternoon. It was the right thing to do, for both our sanities. Even if it meant me sitting on our front lawn, not yet having showered for the day, still in the t-shirt I slept in, and my hair a wreck.

Such is my life these days.

IMG_0198 photo

I did find a few hours one day to escape for a little get together with Gabe and Gaye, two of my old co-workers from the Center. We went to Another Broken Egg for lunch and had such a great time catching up. I miss those two ladies very much, and I truly hope the three of us keep in touch.

IMG_0196

And now, if you will, please take a look at the picture below:

IMG_0141

Each of those carefully wrapped, newspaper-covered objects is a pint glass, part of Kenny’s ever-expanding collection.

My husband has a sickness.

Please help me.

1 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

RileyBean looks SO BIG in Sheryl's arms! And I love the pic of him crawling across his dad's legs ... probably on his way to fetch a tool to help?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...