Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother’s Day

Even though Riley was technically “around” last Mother’s Day, I am counting May 8, 2011 as my first official one. My three requests for the day were

  1. to sleep in,
  2. to have pancakes for breakfast, and
  3. to get a snowball.

Kenny worked hard to fulfill all three of my wishes, and I had a fabulous day thanks to him. He was on Riley duty most of the day so I could have a break, which I much appreciated. Thanks so very much, Baby; I love you!

IMG_1157 IMG_1161

IMG_1194

Erin and Jeff graciously offered to cook dinner for everyone at my parents’ house, and people started arriving mid-afternoon. Grams, Bop, QP, UJ, and Erin’s parents and brother were all here to celebrate the day.

IMG_1190

It was so nice sitting on the newly completed porch out back. We spent most of the day outside, which Riley loved. He did start to behave like a pill right before dinner, though, so Kenny took him away from the party to play upstairs in his room. I’m not sure what was up with him; all I know is I didn’t have to deal with it!

IMG_1175

I did rescue Kenny after the rest of us had eaten so he could get a plate for himself. I turned the pill over to Nopsi, who proceeded to give Riley sips of his water. As expected, most of the H2O ended up down the front of his romper and not in his mouth, but it was cute to watch him go after the glass the way he did.

IMG_1176 IMG_1172 IMG_1183 IMG_1179

IMG_1187

Kenny put Riley to bed, Grams and Bop left to go home, and the rest of us stayed out on the patio. It really was a wonderful afternoon; Nola said it was the best Mother’s Day she can remember. Big thanks must go to Erin and Jeff for all of their hard work on dinner: it was delish, y’all!

(Pay no attention to me in the picture below; I’m still not sure what was going on.)

IMG_1195

And of course no recap of Mother’s Day would be complete without giving some recognition to my own mom. Thanks so very much for having me after carrying me for nine months and twelve days. You have taught me so much in my 31 years, and I know I am a better mom myself because of you.

I love ya more than my luggage!

3 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

The best compliment any mom could hope for!
and yes, thanks again to Jefferson and Erin. Outstanding job.

AD#1 said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the great post, C ... helped me feel almost like I was there! Missed you all more than ever on Sunday ...

Margaret said... Best Blogger Tips

I want to see the porch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...