Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Corks N Canvas

There has been a new activity gaining popularity in southern Louisiana recently. There are many different places to go to, but they all have the same concept. A group of people gathers and is instructed, step-by-step, on how to paint the same picture. Acrylic paints, brushes, canvases, and aprons are all provided. The only thing you bring is yourself.

Oh, and wine. And snacks.

IMG_0852

The theory is to “have a sip and paint a stroke.” You don’t have to have any artistic talent whatsoever to go to one of the classes and have a good time with some friends in a casual, relaxed atmosphere. A professional artist guides you through every step of the way, and you really do end up with a great piece of art to take home at the end of the night that you painted all by yourself. 

IMG_0854

I have been wanting to do this for a long time, and I finally got my chance last week. I went with my friends Karen and Bridget, who had both been before. And although it was a little stressful for me since I fell behind a number of times (I’m very much a perfectionist), it was ultimately a lot of fun.

IMG_0856

If I go to one of these classes again, though, I’ll be sure to get there early enough to have my wine before we start painting.

That might have helped me loosen up a bit and let go of my type A tendencies.

IMG_0858

Oh, well. Thanks for the fun night out, girls! I promise not to curse so much if we ever go again. :)

And before some of you whine about this post not having anything to do with Riley, here you go: a picture of him in his new big boy carseat.

IMG_0325

You are welcome.

However, this post really was to prove that I do occasionally leave the child with others and go off to do fun things on my own.

Hard to believe, I know, but it’s true.

And I have a great painting to prove it.

3 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice to see you get out on your own every now and then (And thanks for the RileyBean pic!)

AD#1 said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, C, you have artistic talent (and no, that "wow" is not astonishment, it is admiration!). You need to do that more often to create lots of art for your new home! I have never heard of such events, sounds like a great time! I think I would like it (although I have absolutely NO artistic tendencies ~ love the wine, though! lol)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

So cool! I wanna go!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...