Friday, May 6, 2011

A Day in the Quarter

Kenny, Riley, and I spent last Friday in the French Quarter. Nola and QP were also there, and UJ even left school for a little while to join us for lunch. We ended up eating outside in the little courtyard at Sylvain, which was a great choice. The food was great, but the weather was even better.

IMG_0908 IMG_0910

IMG_0913

IMG_0932

We had such a nice, relaxing meal; I like that place more and more each time I go. Riley seemed to enjoy it too, although that could be because UJ gave him his first taste of crostini:

IMG_0926

IMG_0928 IMG_0930 IMG_0931 IMG_0929 

After Sylvain, the three of us said goodbye to UJ (who reluctantly went back to school), as well as Nola and QP (who needed some sister time), and we walked over to the aquarium. I used to work there, and I have been wanting to take Riley to see all of the animals for a while.

IMG_0934 IMG_0937

He was a little sleepy on account of being awake a little too long, but he was a trooper. He was pretty wide-eyed most of the time we were there, staring at the fish swimming around in their different exhibits and the penguins floating on the water in their enclosure.

IMG_0944 IMG_0947

IMG_0954

IMG_0961

And had he not been wearing what I put him in that morning I may not have done this, but I couldn’t resist plopping him on top of the frog prince since he matched:

IMG_0957

We ended our visit in my favorite part of the aquarium, the Gulf of Mexico exhibit. When I worked there, before the doors opened to the public, I used to go sit on the bleachers for a few minutes and just watch all of the GOM animals swim around. It’s so peaceful in there when there aren’t a bunch of kids running around!

IMG_0969

By the time we were finished walking through the aquarium, Riley was way tired and had obviously had enough, although he didn’t get real fussy like I expected. He fell asleep in his stroller before we got to the car and was completely sacked out for most of the ride home.

IMG_0970 IMG_0974

I’m so glad I could introduce him to the place I was so involved with for over two years, and I’m even happier that he seems to really like anything to do with water. He’s certainly his momma’s boy when it comes to that. However, after watching him study his toys the way he does, it is obvious he has just as much of his father in him.

Maybe he’ll grow up to be a marine engineer.

Now THAT would be cool.

2 comments:

Jeff said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks like a fun day. Erin and I definitely need to try Sylvain out - looks like a cool place.

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

What a great day that was. And Jefferson, yes! You and Erin should come try Sylvain with me and UJ.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...