Saturday, May 7, 2011

Birthday Crawfish Boil

Last Saturday we were in Baton Rouge for Uncle Steve’s birthday crawfish boil. It was Riley’s very first boil, so I felt I had to dress him for the occasion. Thanks to Aunt Erin and Uncle Jeff for the attire; it may not be the right crustacean, but it worked. And he even had a somewhat matching bib to complete his ensemble.

IMG_1018 IMG_1004

The crawfish were delicious; I made quite the pig of myself. (Riley even entertained himself in his playard the whole time we were eating. Kenny and I could not believe it.) However, I do believe I am entitled to eat as many crawfish as I like this season since last year I was limited by pregnancy and having to watch my salt intake, yada, yada, yada. All I can say is I started this season off really strong and I ain’t finished yet.

I love me some crawfish.

You northerners out there don’t know what you’re missing.

IMG_1028

IMG_1039

IMG_1045

Aside from the tasty mudbugs, one of my favorite parts of the day was observing Riley’s interaction with his cousin Zac. They actually share the same birthday, only Zac is 4 years older. He had never really “hung out” with Riley before this day, and it was so cute watching them play.

IMG_1019 IMG_1063 IMG_1064 IMG_1024

IMG_1066

And of course we introduced Riley to his very first live crawfish. Grandma sat him on the driveway, Kenny held it up in front of him, and he was almost immediately captivated. Then while I looked away, Kenny ripped the poor thing’s claws off and let Riley take possession.

IMG_1007

IMG_1009 IMG_1011 IMG_1017 IMG_1010

IMG_1012 IMG_1016

IMG_1014

As you can see, some of his expressions were priceless.

Thanks to Uncle Steve and Aunt Jaimi for hosting the fun party. We hope Uncle Steve enjoyed his birthday boil as much as we did!

I say let’s do it again next year…..

1 comments:

Margaret said... Best Blogger Tips

Wish they had those in NC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...