Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Foam Dough Fun

Last Thursday I decided we needed a break from what had become our routine the past few days, so Riley and I did something super fun while Rory was taking his morning nap: we made our own play dough.

DSC_3759

DSC_3762

I found the recipe on one of my Pinterest boards, asked Riley if he wanted to do it, gathered the supplies, stripped Riley down to his undies, and set everything up in the kitchen.

DSC_3764 DSC_3772

DSC_3775

This particular stuff is called foam dough, and all it consists of is equal parts cornstarch and shaving cream. We of course also added a few drops of green food coloring.

DSC_3766

DSC_3776

Once completely mixed together, the dough is pretty different from regular Playdough. It’s much softer, less pliable and less dense, and fairly crumbly. It will stay together, but not nearly as well as the original stuff.

DSC_3777

DSC_3789

The dough started out contained in a baking pan, but quickly escaped onto Riley’s green tray and then somehow strewed itself all over the kitchen floor. I have no idea how that happened. None at all.

DSC_3790

DSC_3791

The good part about the stuff is that it was super easy to brush off of the wonk potatoes (and me) and to vacuum up off of the floor. Plus, my kitchen smelled really good afterwards!

DSC_3792

This activity was so much fun for both of us. I really have to start doing more of the things I’ve pinned, especially since I won’t have him during the day for very much longer…..he starts school way too soon. Sniff.

A very Happy {First} Birthday to my sweet goddaughter today…..love you, Kate!

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

That really looked like fun- Great immagination- You are number ONE MOM- such a great time. Hugs, Grams

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...