Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Little One

There’s no other way to describe it. I am completely smitten with my youngest boy.

DSC_3507

I kiss his chubby cheeks constantly, sniff his head every chance I get, and melt whenever he smiles at me.

DSC_3509

However, it took longer to establish a connection with him than it did with Riley. I was battling my own issues in the very beginning, and I’m sure that affected our bonding. And of course Rory’s more challenging nature was a factor, too.

DSC_3514

But now that things have calmed down and he’s become more settled, I am totally taken with him. Especially since he’s so smiley these days.

DSC_3521

It’s hard not to light up at the sight of his happy, dimpled face.

DSC_3524

I don’t know if it’s completely because of the medicine I’m still taking every day, but I am in a much better place right now than I was a couple of months ago.

DSC_3520

And I am so grateful for that fact.

DSC_3527

Because I am now truly enjoying and cherishing my two boys.

DSC_3525

For a short period of time, I really didn’t think I would ever get to do that. But so many of my loved ones were right: it got better. And it continues to get better every day.

I am blessed.

4 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Those two boys are lucky! They've got the best mama and daddy ever.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Again I ditto QP AND those dimples of Rory are so cute. Love it. Hugs, Grams

AD#1 said... Best Blogger Tips

So, sooooo happy you are feeling better, C ... Rory has stolen my heart, as well (just as Riley did), wish I could be there to love on him! Enjoy every minute with your precious boys!!!

Kenny said... Best Blogger Tips

And we are all blessed to have you as Momma and Wife my sweet baby! We love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...