Wednesday, July 6, 2011

‘Woods Visit, Part Two

Last Friday was my first time taking Riley to Carousel Gardens in City Park. I hadn’t been in a VERY long time; I was really surprised at how many different rides there are inside the park. Unfortunately for us, though, the carousel and the ladybug roller coaster were both down because of maintenance.

We went with the California crew, as well as Kenny’s parents and Zac. (Sadly, again, Kenny had to work.) I admit being a little doubtful the outing would be a success since it is so hot outside right now, but we actually had a really good time. The park has lots of trees scattered all over, so they provided nice shade for us. And there was a nice breeze at times, which helped a lot.

So although it was hot, I’d say the trip was definitely worth our while. And I have lots of pictures to prove it.

IMG_1545

underwoods3

IMG_1547

underwoods4

The tall yellow slide was a big hit, as were the bumper cars, but my favorite part was riding the train around City Park, and I think Riley really enjoyed it, too. It’s a cute little train that takes you on a fairly comprehensive tour of the park, so you spend a decent amount of time on it. And on a hot day, the covered “cars” and the cool (ish) breeze were a welcome respite.

IMG_1563

underwoods5

This also happened to be the day that Riley started waving to people. Kenny’s mom actually captured a great series of his first few waves when I enticed him to do so after lunch.

IMG_1560

IMG_1561

IMG_1562

Sidenote: Aren’t these pictures gorgeous??? I am desperately coveting Kenny’s mother’s new camera. She recently purchased a Canon EOS Rebel T3i DSLR, and I am in love with it.

Riley and I left the park a little earlier than the rest of the group so I could attempt to get him down for a very late afternoon nap. While he slept, I spent the time getting ready for a night out. Grandma and Grandpa had agreed weeks before to watch the three older boys (Nola and Nopsi agreed to do the same for Riley) while the three ‘Ville siblings and their spouses went out to dinner.

IMG_0979

We went to Brigtsen’s, which none of us had tried before, and we all really enjoyed it. After dinner we went to get a couple of drinks at the Columns and then it was back home to collapse into bed after the day’s many excitements.

We would wake up the next day to do it all over again, this time gathering at my parents’ house for a swim day.

1 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

You all packed a lot into such a short time. Pictures are great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...