Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Spaghetti Fingers

After the mac and cheese disaster, I really wasn’t sure what to expect next during Riley’s meals.

However, I am proud to report that after a rough week of not eating much (which I attributed to his being sick and possibly also to teething), Riley’s appetite has improved drastically. He recently received his own little set of silverware, and I think he really likes eating from his fork and spoon since they’re just his size.

Sometimes, though, he absolutely refuses to eat unless he can do it himself. Stubborn, stubborn boy.

IMG_1174 IMG_1176 IMG_1178

I have two thoughts on this. 1. I’m glad he’s branching out and starting to do things for himself. It shows me his development is progressing beautifully and that he’s becoming more independent. 2. I’m not so glad because him feeding himself means one very large mess, especially when spaghetti is involved.

IMG_1180 IMG_1181

Oh, well; such is life. Who would I be to deprive my son of this childhood joy? It is every baby’s prerogative to smear food all over both his face and his highchair tray, and I am glad Riley is right there with the pack.

Even if it does mean a little bit of extra clean-up for me.

I can handle it. :)

2 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Maybe spaghetti will become one of his favorite foods, just like his Nopsi.

nola said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE how YOU have to clean up the mess. But it's well worth it, huh? (PS That's why they made that high chair tray with a removable top.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...