Friday, July 15, 2011

Houston, We Have a Climber

Riley has always been curious about the brick around the fireplace in my parents’ house. At first I was very wary of him playing near it for fear he would lose his balance and smack face-first into the brick. Now that his balance is loads better, I don’t worry so much.

IMG_1141 IMG_1140 IMG_1142 

Until two days ago.

Two days ago is when he decided to climb up on top of his little toy box Nola put on one side of the fireplace.

Talk about make my heart skip a beat.

He had been playing in the general area for awhile, but I don’t have any pictures of him actually on top of the box. I was a little concerned for his safety, so I did, in fact, put down my camera. (Shocking, I know.) However, he did make it all the way on top, but only for about half a second before I whisked him down.

IMG_1133 IMG_1134 

I just love how he looks back at me first, to see what I’ll do. And of course he just had to climb up clutching something in his hand, increasing the danger factor.

And you can bet as soon as I took him down and put him on the floor, he crawled right back over to his box to climb up again.

Even at only ten months, he’s already proving to be just as stubborn as I am.

Great.

IMG_1164

3 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

He is an adventurous not, that's for sure. And curious about the world around him!

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

An adventurous BOY

nola said... Best Blogger Tips

I miss him so much. He'll be walking by the time I see him again....no, wait, RUNNING.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...