Tuesday, July 5, 2011

‘Woods Visit, Part One

After a great trip, our second batch of visitors is now back home in California. Kenny’s sister and her family arrived in New Orleans last Sunday afternoon and stayed here for a week. When I tell you we packed some activities into last week, I truly mean that. We did A LOT.

IMG_0905 IMG_0909

Debbie, Nick, and James (Paul joined the party later in the week), along with Kenny’s mom and dad, stopped by my parents’ house for a quick hello the day they got here but didn’t stay long. They had planned to go straight to the farm for a few days. Although they did say they had a good time, I am exceedingly glad I did not accompany them up there; it is way to hot right now for me to spend any amount of time at the farm. I MUCH prefer going in the winter. But I will say that running around on top of the big hay bales looked like lots of fun.

IMG_0944

IMG_0979 IMG_1148IMG_1158 IMG_0992

IMG_1168

Riley and I finally caught back up with the group on Thursday afternoon at the aquarium. (Sadly, Kenny had to work and could not join us, but Steve, Jaimi, and Zac did!) We spent most of our time either in the food court or the new parakeet exhibit, which Riley just loved. It was really neat feeding the birds, even though lots of them weren’t interested in the food we had for them. I finally managed to coax one onto my peanut-butter-and-seed-covered stick, and Riley almost immediately reached out to touch him. Too funny. That kid has no fear.

underwoods1

IMG_1314

underwoods2

Our afternoon downtown was lots of fun, but it was a long one. However, it would be only the first of five very long (but fun) days.

I had originally wanted to do one big post about this past week, but too much happened and I have way too many pictures to sort through. So, there will be more to come in the next couple of days. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks like fun times, especially those hay bales. And the animals! And the tractor! A perfect place for a bunch of little boys. (Don, too!)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

would you believe that really reminds me of summers thaat I spent in Minnesota with my Grandparents and climbing in the barn into bales of hay was a lot of fun. BOY does that ever take me back. AH Memories wonderful. Grams

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...