Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Tooth Fairy in the House!

The day before Mother’s Day (May 7), while we were at the zoo, Riley lost his first tooth. His two bottom front teeth got looser and looser ever since Pam noticed they were loose at Riley’s last dentist appointment. And all it took was a popsicle for one of them to come out.

IMG_8359

Riley didn’t even notice what had happened. He finished his popsicle and went over to see the zoo’s peacock. I followed him and asked him to turn around and smile for a picture. That’s when I noticed a gap in his mouth and a bit of blood. I couldn’t believe it. My boy lost his first tooth!

IMG_8361

IMG_8366

Unfortunately, the tooth either fell on the ground somewhere at the zoo (we looked but not surprisingly didn’t find it) or Riley swallowed it. Assuming it was the latter, I did attempt to recover it a couple of days later but was unsuccessful. No need to go into more details on that except for this: gross.

IMG_8370

We reassured Riley that the Tooth Fairy accepted written notes and went on with our day. That evening, before going to bed, Riley sat down to write his note explaining what happened with his first lost tooth. He did a great job. The picture is of a fire machine that took his tooth out of his mouth and put it in a circle of green “lite.” Obviously.

IMG_8378

IMG_8382

We put the note under his pillow and he was so happy to discover $2 in its place in the morning. The Tooth Fairy even left behind some purple pixie dust on the money she gave him. So sparkly and magical!

IMG_8397

Four days later, on Thursday, May 12, Riley climbed into the car after school with a sticker on his shirt and a ziploc bag in his hand. His other loose tooth fell out earlier that day. Apparently he was goofing off in line for the bathroom and the door hit him in the mouth and popped the other tooth out. He spit it into his hand and carried it back to his classroom, where Allison put it in a ziploc for him to take home. Wonk potatoes.

IMG_8441

We put the tooth under his pillow that night and the Tooth Fairy delivered another $2 (yes, covered with more purple pixie dust). He doesn’t have any other loose teeth at the moment, but I’m sure he’ll have even more gaps in his mouth soon.

My boy is growing up, whether I like it or not.

1 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

I remember Grammy explaining to me that my loose teeth would come out and be replaced by adult teeth that I would have all my life. But my tooth fairy was much stingier. Inflation, I guess!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...