Rory is 17 months old today. He weighs 26.4 pounds and stands almost 33 inches tall. At his last doctor’s visit I was shocked at his percentages: 60% for weight and 50% for height. I thought for sure they would be higher, so I’ll be interested to see if they’ve changed when we go for his next check-up in September.
Here’s what I want to remember about this past month:
- His eating habits have not really picked back up. He only gets about one full meal each day, picking at the other two most of the time and snacking a bit in between. I refuse to let it bother me, though (like it did with Riley). The kid will not starve.
- However, he drinks his milk wonderfully (three times a day), and he gets water in a sippy the rest of the day.
- We think he’s busy cutting a few more teeth because he’s still been pretty whiny this month and keeps his fingers in his mouth a lot.
- We also think he’s starting to transition down to one nap but he’s not quite there yet. Some days he seems to need to sleep in the mornings and others he’s fine if I push him until the afternoon.
- When he wants something, whether it’s food or a toy or to be picked up, he’ll raise his arms in the air and screech. Loudly. And repeatedly. So the screech monkey is most definitely back.
- His has started testing his arm by throwing things. Sometimes even at my head. Good times.
- He loves his brother and will follow him everywhere, including into the bathroom, where he’ll plop down on the floor and settle in to wait until Riley is finished.
- He is currently obsessed with my cell phone and wants to play with it all the time. Siri must be really tired of him by now.
- He is still not talking but his level of comprehension is growing more and more every day.
- He is such a sweet boy and is pretty darn happy most of the time. We couldn’t ask for anything more.