Friday, March 8, 2013

Thirty-Nine Weeks {Sprout}

Well, folks, this is my last official update on Sprout. At my appointment today Dr. S and I scheduled an induction. Woo-hoo!

We got the routine stuff out of the way first: my blood pressure was good (116/70), Sprout’s heartrate was a steady 130, and I have gained a total of 30 pounds thus far. Then Dr. S checked me and determined that I am 1 centimeter dilated. It’s not much, but it’s farther along than I was with Riley at this stage!

Dr. S said it was still absolutely okay with her if I wanted to have Sprout a couple of days before my due date, so that’s what we’re going to do. Kenny and I check into the hospital next Wednesday night for delivery sometime on Thursday, March 14.

So I have one more week. One more week of discomfort, one more week of heartburn, one more week of beached whale status. One more week of being mom to just one little boy, one more week of being a family of three.

Just one more week.

Here is my second-to-last official belly pic, at 39 weeks:

IMG_7229

And here I am at 39 weeks with Riley:

IMG_3130

The next (and last) belly pic you see will be taken in Sprout’s room on Wednesday night right before we leave for the hospital. I’m hoping things go a lot faster than they did with Riley, but there’s obviously no way to know what will happen.

I’ll try to update the blog just as soon as I can after Sprout arrives, so visit often next week. And send me all the positive, happy, healthy vibes you can…..I’m sure I could use them.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

All the love and prayers are with you Hugs, Rams and Bop

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

One more week of being mom to one little boy. One more week of being a family of three. Wow. Well said!

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey, is Kenny going to play a torturous name game on Thursday like Jefferson did when Kate was born??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...