Saturday, March 30, 2013

Two Sprouts and Fifteen Safety Pins

As I mentioned before, many people brought us wonderful gifts while we were still in the hospital. I’d like to take a moment to highlight three of those gifts since they are extra special to me.

Just like he did when Riley was born, Nopsi created a custom painting of a sprout in honor of his new grandson. I love the way it turned out, and it looks great on the wall in Rory’s room. Thank you so much, Nopsi!

DSC_1790

Also just like they did when Riley was born, QP and UJ gave me a tiny little charm in the shape of a sprout to add to my bean necklace. I can’t believe they found one so perfect. It’s even smaller than the bean to designate Rory as the little brother. Thanks so much, y’all; I love my necklace!

IMG_1895

And finally, I must show y’all what Aunt Lizzie made for us. In addition to the awesome diaper wreath that now graces the door to Rory’s room…..

DSC_1781

…..she got some inspiration from Pinterest for a truly unique piece of art. She used 15 safety pins to show how we went from a family of three to a family of four. Love it!

DSC_1797

We got so many compliments on it while it was on display in our hospital room. One nurse even asked if she could snap a picture of it with her phone to show her friend. Thanks for the awesome gift, LPb; you rock!

2 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

QUOI? Lizzie indeed rocks! And thanks for the shout-out, PC!

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh wow those are all such cool gifts! Love the creativity!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...