Wednesday, August 18, 2010

39 Weeks

From BabyCenter.com:

Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

fetaldev39

I had a really hard time sleeping last night. This could be because of a number of things: my lengthy afternoon nap yesterday, some bad cramping, lots of baby movement, or, of course, my right leg pain. However, I think perhaps it was mostly because of the anticipation of my doctor’s appointment this morning and hoping and praying that something is happening down yonder!

It turns out I lost sleep for nothing. The appointment went just like the last few: blood pressure (130/82) and baby heartrate (143) great, no weight gain, but no dilation. Rats! I am very much at the point where I am READY to have this kid. I’m just so darned uncomfortable all of the time, mostly because of my leg. The muscle relaxers my doc prescribed unfortunately didn’t work a bit, but Tylenol seems to help, so I’m sticking with that. And I’m keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed that labor decides to start sooner rather than later! Here’s my 39 week belly pic. :)

IMG_3128

Oh, and Kenny just had to snap a picture of me napping the other afternoon. Check out my set-up in our bed: SEVEN PILLOWS!!! Hey, whatever works, right?

IMG_3127

2 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Hang in there, PC! Won't be long now...

carlye said... Best Blogger Tips

great pic; i've currently added the 3rd pillow, myself. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...