Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekend of Waiting

Yes, I am still pregnant. But the good news is my leg is feeling a little bit better, which makes life much easier. It’s not completely back to normal, but it’s showing signs that the end is in sight. My official due date is tomorrow, August 23, but I do have an appointment scheduled for Wednesday, when I’ll have a biophysical profile done and see my doc after that. She has told me she’ll let me go a week over my due date before inducing, and the profile will help determine if this is still the right course of action.

As Kenny and I agreed this morning over breakfast (he made me blueberry pancakes…YUM!), it’s really all about Bean’s timeline. Even though momma is mighty uncomfortable, only Bean can decide when he/she is ready to come out! So I continue to rest as much as I can and try not to get too anxious. I treated myself to one last pedicure on Friday afternoon, which was much needed. I’ve also been reading, fielding a few “how-are-you-doing” phone calls, watching movies, updating my blog design, and sneaking in a load of laundry or two.

Kenny, meanwhile, is staying as busy as he can, attempting to get lots done around the house. He’s out in the stifling heat right now cutting grass and changing the transmission fluid in my car. He has also kegged his two latest beers but has to figure out why CO2 is leaking from the kegerator. He has worked hard to straighten up the garage, which turned into a hot mess after all of the attic and vehicle work he’d been focusing on in weeks past. He has cleaned the majority of our house so that Bean will have a nice place to come home to. And he continues to take wonderful care of me. :)

Ah, and it’s that special time of year again: the start of football season. Ken and I both enjoyed a leisurely night in front of the tv yesterday: the Saints were back in the Dome for the first time since their stellar 2009 season, and they certainly showed the Texans who was boss in their preseason matchup. I’ll tell you what, I am liking me some Chase Daniel, Chris Ivory, and Adrian Arrington! Can’t wait to see how this year goes for the boys in black and gold, as well as our beloved LSU Tigers. Their season starts in two weeks in Atlanta against Carolina!

In other news, Lizzie and Doug have departed for their two-week long road trip, including stops in GA, NC, DC, PA, and TN. She’s doing a travel blog to keep all of us apprised of their adventures, so I’m excited to follow them on their journey. I also recently learned that another friend of mine just departed the States for two years (YEARS!) to teach in Abu Dhabi. Wow….all the luck in the world to you, Sabrina! She’s blogging as well; check out the link on the right if you’re interested. And I of course continue to keep tabs on all of my other friends (Bridget, Newby, Carlye, and Paulan) in various states of pregnancy. I insist I’m next, though, darnit!

2 comments:

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

Hurry up Bean!! I want the call when Lizzie & Doug are here so we can celebrate together! =) I'm glad the tylenol is working friend, not much longer!

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Hang in there, my sweet PC. You sound centered and ready (ok, PAST-ready). Glad to hear Kenny is being such a sweetheart, but no surprise there. Hope he gets the kegerator issue figured out before I get there!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...