Friday, August 13, 2010

38 Weeks

From BabyCenter.com:

Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

fetaldev38

Both last week's and this week's appointments went great: my blood pressure was a little bit higher last week (134/72) than this week (122/70) but still within normal limits. I actually lost 2 pounds last week but gained one back this week. And Bean's heartrate is holding strong and steady in the mid-140s. Still no dilation!

My biggest problems these days are the return of heartburn (I thought I had gotten rid of that effect!), mild cramping, and, most bothersome, pain in my right hip/glute region. This pain lasts most of the day and is worse when I'm walking around or getting up from a sitting position. But, it's especially bad at night when I'm trying to sleep. I think it's a result of having to sleep on my side....this belly of mine is heavy!

I've tried Tylenol to help with the pain but wasn't getting much relief. I also soaked in the tub for a bit the other day and that actually helped lots, but the pain came right back as soon as I lay down for the night. I told my doc about it at my appointment, and she ended up prescribing a mild muscle relaxer. I can take it every 12 hours, so we'll see if it does the trick!

Meanwhile, I'm just trying to take it easy, keeping my feet up and staying cool. I treated myself to a pedicure a couple of weeks ago and am hoping it will last until I deliver. I also got my hair cut last Friday so it wouldn't get too long before I have the chance to venture out after Bean arrives. Less than 2 weeks to go (hopefully)! Here's my 38-week belly pic. :)

IMG_3112

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...