Monday, November 19, 2012

Video Monday: The Alphabet Song (Kind Of)

On Tuesday morning of last week Riley and I were in the kitchen, him playing and me getting breakfast ready. I heard him mumbling nonsense to himself, but the tune sounded familiar.

“Are you singing the ABC’s, buddy?”

Turns out he was, even if the words weren’t exactly right. I smiled to myself and carried on with breakfast. When Kenny came into the room a few minutes later, I asked Riley if he could sing the ABC’s for Daddy. He proceeded to sing the entire song perfectly, even down to the last part: “next time won’t you sing with me.” (Jackie, he even said “double-u” not “dubba-u!”)

Kenny and I were amazed, especially since the alphabet song is not one we sing to him a lot, even though we probably should. I’m not sure how he knew it so well, but he did.

I was bummed I didn’t get his little performance on video; that’s how good it was. I’ve since tried to get him to sing it again, but he hasn’t done it like that first time. However, I hope you enjoy this subsequent attempt.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

I sing it to him, in English then in French, almost every TWQP. But we end it with "Tell me what you think of me" not "Next time won't you sing with me" so I'm puzzled as to where he got THAT piece. Ask him to sing it "en Francais!"

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

YES!!! Oh thank goodness he's learning young proper pronunciation young. His public speaking "Aunt" is so very proud of him

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...