Friday, October 26, 2012

Twenty Weeks {Sprout}

Today marks the halfway point in my pregnancy with Sprout. Twenty weeks down; twenty to go. Riley-bean made me go an extra week, but I’m crossing my fingers that doesn’t happen again. Talk about brutal. At least if it does I won’t be suffering in the middle of the summer.

The headaches are still hanging around, unfortunately, although not quite as frequently. I have a few of the prescription pills left, but I may ask Dr. S for a refill just in case. I’m more and more convinced that the pain is a result of my cutting back on caffeine. I still don’t drink drip coffee every morning, but I did buy some bottled Starbucks Frappucinos for the other days, and that seems to be helping.

I have a touch of heartburn that seems to come on hours after I eat lunch, around 4:30 in the afternoon. Weird. And I am also having single hiccups a lot these days.

I don’t get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom anymore, but it’s becoming increasingly difficult to get comfortable enough to sleep well. Frustrating.

The biggest thing that has happened since the last time I posted is that I’ve started to feel movement. I noticed it as I was going to bed on October 15, and by the next day I knew I was feeling something. The strange part is, I seemed to have skipped the “fluttering” stage and instead gone straight to defined nudges. It’s pretty cool, actually, especially since I didn’t feel anything with Riley until partway into the 21st week. And Sprout’s already strong enough for Kenny to feel, too. So neat.

My ultrasound is on Tuesday afternoon, so I’ll be posting the big gender reveal sometime next week, hopefully on Wednesday. In the meantime, here’s my first official belly pic, at 20 weeks.

IMG_6296

4 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Go, Sprout, go!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Ditto QP Hugs Grams

rileybeanfollower985 said... Best Blogger Tips

Another Baaayyyybeeee in twenty weeks....Let the countdown begin.....

Ita said... Best Blogger Tips

its going to be a girl.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...