Friday, October 5, 2012

Seventeen Weeks {Sprout}

I had another appointment with Dr. S on Tuesday afternoon to check on Sprout. The visit was pretty routine, with nothing major to report. My blood pressure is still great, and Sprout’s heartrate was strong and in the 150s.

I did mention that I was still plagued by headaches, so Dr. S prescribed me something to hopefully help. However, after chatting a bit, she said the pain could be related to caffeine, or lack thereof. I didn’t drink coffee at all with Riley in my first and second trimesters (I didn’t have a taste for it), but this time around I still want it. I don’t drink it every day, and when I do I only drink half-caff. But, my headaches seem to be a bit more common on the days I don’t have anything.

I’ve taken a couple of the pills already, and they seem to help, but not completely. I’ll just have to keep my fingers crossed that the headaches go away on their own like they did last time.

I’m still tired every now and then, but not like I was early on. And I’m starting to have trouble getting comfortable at night, which I know will only get worse as time goes on. Ah, well; such will be my life for the next few months.

We have not told Riley about Sprout yet, but the time is rapidly approaching when we’ll probably need to do so. I am basically solely in maternity clothes now; my belly is starting to pop out. Once I’m a little bigger and noticeably pregnant, we’ll let Riley in on the good news that he’ll be a big brother come March. I hope he takes the news well!

IMG_1468

My next appointment is on Tuesday, October 30. It’ll be a big one: Kenny will be with me because we’ll have an ultrasound done and get our first real glimpse of Sprout. We’ll also hopefully find out Sprout’s sex, if he (or she) cooperates. Kenny would still rather be surprised about the gender, but I really want to know this time. We did it his way first, and now it’s my turn. I can’t wait!

2 comments:

rileybeanfollower985 said... Best Blogger Tips

Riley's going to be a GREAT BIG Brother!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

AND I hopeit's a girl but whatever Sprout will be healthy. Hugs.Grams.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...