Thursday, October 18, 2012

Among the Pumpkins

It’s that time of year again…..pumpkin patch time!

IMG_6256

Aunt E and Uncle Jeff took Kate for her first patch visit after work last Friday, and Riley and I tagged along. Kenny even left work a little early to join us for a fun afternoon among the pumpkins.

IMG_1079 IMG_1092

Kate wore a super sweet green dress with embroidered jack-o-lanterns that Aunt Dede gave her. So cute. Seeing Kate perched on all of those little pumpkins reminded me of Riley’s first pumpkin patch experience…..my goodness he was little.

IMG_1179

IMG_1148 IMG_1158

IMG_1129

I finally got to put Riley in his pumpkin john-johns that I bought on Zulily months ago. I was afraid they wouldn’t fit him (even though they are a 2T) but they did, only just.

IMG_1121 IMG_1135

Once we had gotten our fill of individual pictures of Kate and Riley, we decided to try a cousin pic by the pile of little pumpkins. I’m shocked we got one this good…..

IMG_1166

…..especially after seeing this one happen live:

IMG_1168

The boy was apparently none too happy with his cousin squishing his legs. All twelve pounds of her.

After torturing him by making him sit with Kate, we let Riley run free. Like last year, he had a great time exploring the patch, climbing all over the pumpkins and even trying to lift the really big ones.

IMG_1109

IMG_1110 IMG_1112IMG_1133 IMG_1119

IMG_1196

We also ran into Bridget, her mom, Maddie, and Hayden while we were there. Mrs. Sandy did warn me that visiting a patch with two kids is monumentally harder than with just one, so I suppose I’ll have my work cut out for me to get cute pictures next year when Sprout is with us, too!

IMG_1134

Ah, I do like the pumpkin patch time of year. If only it had been 50 degrees outside, breezy, and sunny, requiring us to bundle up for our patch visit and also prompting us to bring thermoses full of homemade hot chocolate with which to warm up after we had had our fill of the pumpkins.

IMG_1131

Sigh. If only.

3 comments:

rileybeanfollower985 said... Best Blogger Tips

PRECIOUS PICTURES! Those are some adorable lil cousins!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

AGAIN I say what beautiful cousins. (my grat grandchildr)Hugs, Grams

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy, healthy kids. We count our blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...