Friday, October 19, 2012

Doodlebug in the House

Let the mini feature of my niece continue!

I was lucky enough to be able to watch Kate on Tuesday of this week while Aunt E was at school teaching her first graders. Riley went off with Grandma to music class, so it was just me and Doodlebug for a good part of the morning.

IMG_1527

She was supremely well-behaved most of the day, sleeping in two long stretches for me. Those days of not having a wild man constantly running around the house seem like such a long time ago, but I did remember them fondly while Kate was here. And I think I now feel a little better about going back to having a newborn in the house come March.

IMG_1521 IMG_1522

Since she loves being outside, I took Kate out on the front porch for a bit before Riley and Grandma got back from music. We enjoyed the nice breeze, watched the trees, played with Pah, and listened to James Taylor. After all, you’re never too young to be introduced to a little “Carolina on My Mind!”

IMG_1528 IMG_1529

IMG_1531

When Riley and Grandma arrived back at the house around lunchtime, the previously tranquil atmosphere quickly disappeared. However, even amid the hustle and bustle of lunch preparations, a few whiny tears from the boy during lunch, and then playtime for Riley afterwards, Kate managed to fall asleep and stay that way for almost two hours. She then woke up for another bottle and snoozed in my arms until Aunt E came to get her around 4. She sure made things easy on me, which my pregnant self appreciated greatly.

IMG_1534

Thanks for spending the day with me, sweet goddaughter; I had fun with you!

4 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

That child gets cuter every day. It runs in the family!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

That was a great blog- Kate's smile just lights up the room. So precious. Love it. Hugs, Grams

Aunt E said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww my sweet girl. I'm so glad she was good for you. Those are precious pictures too. I'm going to have to get them from you.

rileybeanfollower985 said... Best Blogger Tips

Adorable pictures! Glad you had an easy day with two!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...