Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Big Reveal {Sprout’s Ultrasound}

DSC_0126_edited

Sprout is a boy! Our ultrasound tech, Janelle, said she was 100% positive of her determination. I told her if it turns out she was wrong I would come after her. She laughed and said that was how confident she was: she is certain I will not be hunting her down come March.

Everything with Sprout looked great and right on track. Two arms and two legs; a perfect little face; a strong heart, spine, and brain; two kidneys; and adequate boy parts were all in place and functioning. I do have another ultrasound scheduled for my next visit because Janelle couldn’t quite see all of the parts of the heart or any of the bladder, and Dr. S just wants to make sure all is well.

009

Sprout weighs approximately 12 ounces right now, and his heartrate was 148. He didn’t move a whole lot during the ultrasound (contrary to what I’ve been feeling from him lately!), so I’m hoping he’ll be moving more in 5 weeks when I go back.

006

Everything with me is proceeding nicely as well. My blood pressure was great (122/70), and I have gained a total of 9 pounds so far, which Dr. S says is just fine. She wrote me another scrip for more of my headache meds (just in case), and I also got my flu shot. The fun glucose test will happen next time, so my visit on December 4 will be eventful!

004

Riley napped at Nola and Nopsi’s house while Kenny and I were at the doctor, so we went by there to pick him up afterwards. I got Nopsi to take some reveal pictures for me, and I made a special sign for Riley to hold in his.

DSC_0021_edited DSC_0105_editedDSC_0088_edited DSC_0097_edited

Of course Nola had to bribe him with a cookie to get him to halfway cooperate: he really did not want to hold that piece of paper. Not even the huge grass-cutting tractor parked by the canal could entice him to stand still for a few pictures, but Nopsi did capture what I wanted in only about 15 minutes. Thank you!

DSC_0059_edited

Two boys. Wow. I always did picture myself as more of a boy mom than mom to a little girl, so this is a good thing. Granted, it would have been neat to have one of each, but I know I’ll love having two boys. And I’ll love that Riley has a little brother.

I hope they’ll grow to be the best of friends one day.

24 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Yay and congratulations to the growing family!

rileybeanfollower985 said... Best Blogger Tips

WOO-HOO!! ANOTHER BOY! Can't wait!! Congrats to you all!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

As a mom of two boys, I am very happy for you! Chris and JJ have a special relationship and it is a beautiful thing to watch. Congrats to you and Kenny!

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

YAYYYYY!!! Congratulations friend!! So happy for you (although you'll be drastically outnumbered...)

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips

I knew it!!!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I am very happybecause the boys will be close in years. Hugs, Grams

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Yay!!! So happy for you, Kenny and Riley!

AD#1 said... Best Blogger Tips

Thrilled for all of you! I would have wanted a house full of boys, had I had more!!! Congratulations to the whole family!!

M'ville said... Best Blogger Tips

Great news! Will love having a whole basketball team of grandsons!! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats you guys!! I knew it was going to be a boy! Riley is a going to be a great big brother to Sprout :)
-Jenn

Erin @ DomesticAdventure.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Yay! Congrats!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

That’s wonderful news, Congratulations!
From a mom of two Awesome Boys!
Love,
Aunt Elena

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

CONGRATS!!! That's so exciting!!!

XO, Amy

Kel-Kel said... Best Blogger Tips

Congratulations to you, Kenny and Riley. I know Riley is going to be a wonderful big brother! Tim and I are very excited for you guys and we can’t wait to meet Sprout!

Sabrina said... Best Blogger Tips

I already know what you're having in March - a baby! :) Congrats on boy #2. Can't wait to meet him!

Michelle said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thrilled to see you breaking the 1 boy/1 girl trend of your local friends and joining the boys-only league! Kidding. In all seriousness I am thrilled for you all to welcome this baby no matter what. Hope you are feeling ok!

Ashley P said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, another boy! Congrats! :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats to all of you! Thrilling news!
Aunt Roma

Cynthia said... Best Blogger Tips

how awesome!!! congratulations!

Becky said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats!! Must be the year of boys :) Cute pictures. So excited for you guys!!!

Newby said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on a lengthier stay in Boy Land!!! :) So happy to hear!

A-ball said... Best Blogger Tips

Very very exciting boo! I'm so happy for you!

Janessa said... Best Blogger Tips

CONGRATS you three - another boy!! :) So happy for you guys!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

So happy for all of you!!!
Aunt Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...